[Histonet] mouse testis in Bouins- more info

Geoff mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:08:11 CDT 2012

Fixation is not long enough and/or the piece of tissue is too large,
that is why you see problems at the center.
The connective tissue between the tubules is delicate and the normal
shrinkage due to paraffin processing may show some gaps
Fix longer, 24-48 hours is not sufficient.
A month in Bouin's is probably better than 1-2 days.
Long term months-years in rarely a good idea, why not just embed the
tissue?

Geoff

--
--