[Histonet] Histotechnician pay-max out

Contact HistoCare contact <@t> histocare.com
Tue Sep 11 13:13:40 CDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your response and the others as well. I don't really think it's a lol situation here. I've seen uncertified professionals with good work ethic and quality results get mid 20s easy. While they may provide a guide for lab managers to refer to, thank God NSH doesn't set pay rates.

This is interesting though, as it substantiates the feeling a lot of Histo professionals have that their work contribution is not only under appreciated but unappreciated considering the effect a quality slide has on diagnosing a serious disease.

I believe a sharp individual who knows his/her skills and can demonstrate them effectively can negotiate higher pay.

It seems hospitals pay less than a private lab would and over ten years successful experience should definitely garner well over 30. They question is whether they are strong enough to demand it via negotiation.

Kim, what part of the country are you and what type of institution have you had the most exposure to? Again Thanks for your response.