[Histonet] Zinc-Tris mouse hearts

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org
Tue Sep 11 06:40:41 CDT 2012

Hi,
I am going to have some mouse hearts that have been fixed in zinc-Tris  fixative. I have never worked with this before. My question is about processing. After doing some looking, I found an article that advised checking the solutions on the processor , the first couple of alcohols , to be sure there is no carry over of formalin. I understand that the object if this fixative  is to avoid formalin but is this step necessary?
Thank you in advance.
Betsy Molinari HT(ASCP)
Texas Heart Institute
Cardiovascular Pathology
6770 Bertner Ave
MC 1-283
Houston, TX  77030
832-355-6524 (lab)
832-355-6812 (fax)

[THI Celebrates 50 Years]<http://www.texasheart.org/AboutUs/History/index.cfm>

Betsy Molinari
Senior Histology Research Technician
832-355-6524 | BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org<mailto:BMolinari <@t> texasheart.org>
www.texasheart.org<www.texasheart.orghttp://www.texasheart.org>

TEXAS HEART INSTITUTE
6770 Bertner Ave. MC 1-283 | Houston, TX 77030

[Receive electronic news from THI]<https://secure3.convio.net/thi/site/SPageNavigator/GlobalSiteOptInPage.html>[THI on Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/Texas.Heart.Institute>[THI on Twitter]<http://twitter.com/Texas_Heart>[THI on YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/TexasHeartInstitute>[THI's Flickr page]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasheart/sets/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review or dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system.