[Histonet] slide dryer

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 11 04:31:35 CDT 2012

Looking for a small slide dryer, used preferably, for our School of Histotechnology. Not a lot of counter space. Only 6 students, so don’t have a lot of racks at any given time.

We have an old Shandon-Lipshaw rectangle metal “box”slide dryer right now, but the insulation is going on it, so we need to get a new slide dryer. The drying chamber is about 10” x 7”, with the motor/heater towards the back after that.

Do NOT have the money or space for one of the new “round” slide dryers with the see through top. Do NOT want a slide warmer that looks like a long hot plate, as we have too many slides all at once for that.

Vendors, or anyone with an idea of where I can get a small rectangular slide dryer – please contact me at work at pwenk <@t> beaumont.edu

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073