[Histonet] Process Improvements

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Tue Oct 9 14:09:24 CDT 2012

Fawn,

Could you not use something like the number of recuts, reembeds, staining
repeats for something like that?  For each parameter u could list
suggestions for improving those repeat test to lower the numbers from month
to month.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Ruegg IHC Consulting, LLC
40864 Arkansas Ave
Bennett, CO 80102
Phone: 303-644-4538
Fax: 720-859-4110
pruegg <@t> ihctech.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gudrun Lang
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2012 2:36 AM
To: 'Fawn Bomar'
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: AW: [Histonet] Process Improvements

I would recommend data, that are available through lab-IT. It is a kind of
frustrating and time-consuming, if you have to monitor daily a large number
of figures.
E.g. we have an "incoming" time and a "ready of report" time in our system,
that tells us the mean-time of histology testing.

Or for medical results, the system should have the possibility to monitor
the single parameters (e.g. estrogen positivity). So one can create a report
out of IT.
Everything you put into the system, should give you a report.

And you should choose parameters, that can really be altered by yourself, if
you are not content with the result.
Often we see a problem, but everyone says: there's nothing we can change...
that's out of our control.

Gudrun