[Histonet] RE: Negative Controls

Ian R Bernard ibernard <@t> uab.edu
Thu Oct 4 08:28:43 CDT 2012

This is the key. What is the evidence based research/studies to support this?  I will continue with negative controls until I am able to get peer reviewed research to support this.

Besides overkill maybe pricey ($$) at times or not (since it is just slides) but from what I learned this past week at NSH 2012 Vancouver workshop: There are other important costs for us to consider thus we need to "count the cost of poor quality".

We learned that there are three types of other costs to consider in the medical laboratory: prevention, appraisal and failure (internal and external) costs.  According to our workshop presenter from Vancouver, his or the research shows that failure costs are a whole lot more than the cost of prevention and appraisal. Therefore a focus on things like time, patients, reputation and staff costs is necessary as well as money.

IB

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pardue, Judith
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 1:08 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Negative Controls

Does anyone know of any articles talking about not using negative controls when using a polymer based detection system.

Judith Pardue

Memorial Hospital

Chattanooga, Tn.

Judith_Pardue <@t> memorial.org

This electronic mail and any attached documents are intended solely for the named addressee(s) and contain confidential information. If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer system.