[Histonet] IHC new reagent lots

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Mon Oct 1 16:07:38 CDT 2012

We run a control(s) first before using it on patient samples.  We
compare that slide to the same/similar control(s) run with the current
lot.  Our director reviews both slide(s) and if comparable or better,
signs off on the new lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Deloris
Carter
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 3:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC new reagent lots

I'm in a new position and have to get our IHC paperwork CAP ready.  I'm
not sure about something.  When you put a new antibody dispenser (with a
different lot # than previously used) on the IHC stainer, what QC needs
to be done?  Can the control run with a patient test serve as your QC,
or does it need to be a separate slide done before you run any patient
tests with that new lot #?  Also, I know that CAP is no longer requiring
negative controls to be run when using a biotin free detection system.
Can we just stop running the negative controls, and reference the CAP
change in our protocol, or do we have to perform some sort of
validation?
I appreciate any help.
Deloris