[Histonet] RE: positive control desperately needed for IDH1 R132H antibody

Jerry Ricks rosenfeldtek <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:46:16 CDT 2012

Hi Johanna,

I think it is going to be hard to find brain tissue that has already worked up for that antibody.  You probably have to work up the antibody yourself.

But if it is this antibody:   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19798509

It ought to work on 70% of astrocytomas.

Abcam sells control slides but they are kind of pricey.

http://www.abcam.com/Brain-tumor-human-astrocytoma-grade-II-tissue-slides-ab4679.html

Jerry Ricks
Research Scientist
University of Washington