[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 108, Issue 37

Madeleine Huey madeleinehuey <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:07:13 CST 2012

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:46:03 +0000
From: zakky cholisoh <zakkyums <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Lung histology
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hello lovely people!

Is there anyone working with mouse lung (or any lung)?
I work with respiratory virus in mice and now about to begin the fun part
of the work, histopathology :)
I was just wondering what is the best section of the lung, is it coronal
section or tranversal (horizontal) section?

Any advice?

Thanks so much in advance

Zakky
PhD student
Respiratory Pharmacology
Welsh School of Pharmacy

Hello Zakky,
It all depends!  One of my previous project  I am screening tumors
from the mouse lungs, therefore I always do them on Tranversal
(seperate all 5 lobes first, then embed horizontal).  The thinner the
block (horizontal) the lesser sections I need to cut.
Hope this answer your questions.
Madeleine Huey BS, HTL & QIHC (ASCP)
Supervisor - Pathology (IPOX & Histology)
madeleine_h <@t> elcaminohospital.org