[Histonet] Radiatiation Safety

Deloris Carter delsuec <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:59:43 CST 2012

Hi all,

 I'm trying to complete a protocol for radioactive specimen handling.  I
need to know if anyone has suggestions for this.  We do not use a geiger
counter for specimens.  The radiation safety person in nuclear med says
their policy is that technicium 99 has such a short half life, and that
there is no need for special handling of sentinel node specimens.  I just
need some input.  I'm not really getting anywhere with nuclear med on any
other information such as prostate seeds, the actual breast biopsy that may
be sent after a sentinel node procedure, etc.  Our CAP inspection looms,
and I need to finalize this protocol ASAP.  Thanks for any help.

Deloris Carter HT(ASCP)
delsuec <@t> gmail.com