[Histonet] Deadly Bladex system

Davide Costanzo pathlocums <@t> gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:18:27 CST 2012

Does anyone out there use the Bladex system for applying blades to their
handles?

This unit was forced upon us at one place, required by the OSHA inspectors
and specifically told to use Bladex to improve safety in the workplace. I
have found that this system not only does not improve safety, but is
actually a very unsafe unit. Using Bladex, I have found, the risk of injury
is higher than any other means by which we have ever placed a blade on a
handle. And it is incredibly expensive to boot.

Any thoughts on this unit? Does anyone actually like it, or find it safe?

--
*David Costanzo, MHS, PA (ASCP)*
Project Manager