[Histonet] eosin in the processor

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Wed Nov 28 09:07:17 CST 2012

The only immunostaining any residual eosin in tissue might affect is if you
do immunofluorescence.  Eosin does fluoresce.   Others can address any
effect on IHC.

Gayle Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)
Bozeman  MT

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kim Merriam
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:55 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] eosin in the processor

Hi Everyone,

Years ago, my lab used to put eosin in the processor to lightly tint the
smaller mouse tissues.  I can't remember which station we put it in (I think
it was the 2nd 100% ethanol).  Also, back then my lab didn't do any IHC;
will the eosin affect any IHC that might be done (I am guessing no, but I
want to be sure).

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)QIHC