[Histonet] Protocol for preparing Cell Blocks

Kelly Colpitts kelly_colpitts <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:51:02 CST 2012

Hi Histo World,
We are currently looking at how we process cell blocks and were wondering if anyone had a procedure they would be willing to share with us.  Currently, we spin the fluids down in formalin and put the entire button in a biowrap and process that.  This leaves our cell blocks very bloody and not easy to embed.  I have processed cytology fluids in past jobs where I used cytolyte but I do not have a copy of that protocol.  If you would be so kind as to forward me what works for you, that would be great!  My email address is kelly.colpitts <@t> nationwidechildrens.org

Thanks,
Kelly