AW: [Histonet] Ultra users

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Mon Nov 26 09:21:12 CST 2012

Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Clare
Thornton
Gesendet: Montag, 26. November 2012 15:42
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Ultra users

Has anyone encountered incorrect/inappropriate staining using the Ultra?
Twice we have had slides that looked like they had the wrong antibody
applied, although the slides and dispensers were labeled correctly (once
with TTF-1, once with p16; both had membranous staining).  I was wondering
if where the reagent wheel both spins and moves on the arm, occasionally it
doesn't quite make it to the dispenser it is supposed to and applies the
wrong one.  Does anyone have any experience/ideas as to why this might
happen?

thank you!

Clare J. Thornton, HTL(ASCP)QIHC
Assistant Histology Supervisor