[Histonet] Ultra users

Clare Thornton CThornton <@t> dahlchase.com
Mon Nov 26 08:41:33 CST 2012

Has anyone encountered incorrect/inappropriate staining using the Ultra?  Twice we have had slides that looked like they had the wrong antibody applied, although the slides and dispensers were labeled correctly (once with TTF-1, once with p16; both had membranous staining).  I was wondering if where the reagent wheel both spins and moves on the arm, occasionally it doesn't quite make it to the dispenser it is supposed to and applies the wrong one.  Does anyone have any experience/ideas as to why this might happen?

thank you!

Clare J. Thornton, HTL(ASCP)QIHC
Assistant Histology Supervisor
Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services