[Histonet] Tissue Processors

Cynthia Pyse cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com
Wed Nov 21 12:43:10 CST 2012

Rhonda
I have both a Thermo-Fisher Excelsior and a Sakura VIP6. Both work well but
I prefer the Excelsior. There is less hands on time for changing reagents,
flushing and cleaning. I did have problems at first with the VIP. Since
Sakura replaced the gate valve all has been great. If I need to replace
either machine I would purchase the Excelsior. This is just my opinion, I'm
sure other out there may disagree with me.
Everyone out there in Histoland have a safe, healthy Thanksgiving.
Cindy

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
X-Cell Laboratories
20 Northpointe Parkway Suite 100
Amherst, NY 14228
716-250-9235 etx. 232
e-mail cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gregoire,
Rhonda (MAFRI)
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:32 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Tissue Processors

Does anyone have the Thermo Shandon Excelsior or the Leica ASP300 S tissue
processors?  What do you like or not like about the one you have?  Thanks

Rhonda Gregoire, R.T.
Charge Technologist
Clinical Pathology/TSE Section
Veterinary Diagnostic Services
Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives
545 University Crescent
Winnipeg, MB
R3T 5S6

phone 204-945-7641