[Histonet] Iron Stain

Parker, Helayne HParker <@t> Skaggs.Net
Mon Nov 12 13:31:20 CST 2012

Hi All,
  Is there any specific reason why one iron stain kit I have recommends that you air-dry the bone marrow and blood smears after the Fe stain is completed and then coverslip them while other kits don't mention that at all.  I have always stained my smears then dehydrate, clear and coverslip them like the tissue slides (at the end). Ergo Fe stain, rinse, paragon, rinse, 95% Alc, 100% Alc, xylene and coverslip.

Helayne Parker, H.T. (ASCP)
Pathology Section Head

Skaggs Regional Medical Center
The Best Place to Get Better

P.O. Box 650, Branson Missouri 65615
Direct: 417-335-7254
Fax: 417-335-7127
E-Mail: hparker <@t> skaggs.net
Web: www.skaggs.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.