[Histonet] Control tissue

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Fri Nov 2 12:50:18 CDT 2012

We put the accession number of the control tissue used on the slide and the information is also entered into our database.  This eliminates the need for keeping an additional separate record for control tissue identification.

Tresa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Deloris Carter
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 10:09 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Control tissue

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the control blocks we use for special stains and IHC need to have the accession number of the original case they came from on them?  Does this info have to be put on the slides?  Are there any CAP regulations about this?  Thank you so much for your help.
Deloris Carter HT(ASCP)
Shawnee Mission Medical Center