[Histonet] disposal of 3, 3'-Diaminobenzidine Tetrahydrochloride (DAB)

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:52:07 CDT 2012

      Sadly, I've worked at dozens of labs where they pour it down the
sink.  I have actually heard Technical Representatives/ Salesmen tell
prospective purchasers of their immunostainers that the waste was safe to
pour down the sink.  Most labs will follow the cheapest path they can get
away with, based on their municipality's water regulations, or their own
ignorance of said regulation.

     Dilution does not equal neutralization.  We are putting metric tons of
DAB into our watershed, milliliter by milliliter.

                                         Sincerely,

                                               Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL
(ASCP)