[Histonet] Elastic Stain

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Thu May 24 10:37:19 CDT 2012

We are still looking for an Elastic/H&E stain procedure for lung tissue. Please submit procedures to Jim Vickroy.   vickroy.jim <@t> mhsil.com<mailto:vickroy.jim <@t> mhsil.com>

A few of you have responded with some suggestions but we still have not found the right procedure.   Currently we stain for elastic with Verhoeff's Elastic Stain and  use Van Gieson's stain  as a counterstain and the pathologist would like us to use a hematoxylin and eosin counterstain instead.  We have tried to use the H&E as a counterstain but it is still not where he wants it to be.   Does anybody have some experience with this that they would like to share?

Thanks

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.