[Histonet] RNA extraction and amplification of LCM rice grain tissue

Marlen Müller marlmuel <@t> ethz.ch
Wed May 23 15:24:29 CDT 2012

Dear HistoNet Community,

Currently we are working on a procedure to dissect the grain of the rice
plant via a PALM Laser Microdisection System. According to published
work in the barley grain (Schiebold et al 2011) 2 kits for RNA
extraction, purification and amplification were used (for mRNA
extraction "Dynabeads mRNA DIRECT MicroKit" or for total RNA
extraction"RNeasy MicroKit" and for RNA amplification "C&E Version
ExpressArt mRNA amplification Nanokit"). We will use the extracted and
amplified RNA then for high-throughput RNA Sequencing.
Do you have any experience with RNA amplification for very small amount
of tissues? Would you use the classical trizol method or should I rely
on a commercial kit for extraction?
Thanks alot for sharing your knowledge!

Best regards,
Marlen