[Histonet] Excellent opportunity: Histology Manager in Berkeley, CA

Kiranjit Grewal kiran_g <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 09:25:45 CDT 2012

Regional Laboratory Section Manager – Histology

Company Name:
Kaiser Permanente
Approximate Salary:
Not Specified

Location:
Berkeley, California
Country:
United States

Industry:
Management
Position type:
Full Time

Experience level:
> 5 years
Education level:
Bachelor's Degree

ID
714

Short Description:
Regional Laboratory Section Manager, Histology - Kaiser Permanente in Berkeley, California
Long Description:
Success is measured one step at a time

I hold myself to the highest standards. And believe in my ability to make a difference—one day at a time. As an employee of Kaiser Permanente, I have the freedom to put these beliefs into practice. Here, I have the resources and support I need to realize my potential. If you believe professional empowerment leads to personal satisfaction, this is the place to put your beliefs into practice. We have the following full-time position in Berkeley, California.

Regional Laboratory Section Manager – Histology

In this role, you will direct and control the day-to-day Regional Laboratory Histology department operations including all personnel activities, technical oversight, and work flow. You will participate in the design of the Regional Laboratory and Northern California Region integrated laboratory quality system; design and implement effective risk control processes; and will ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies’ rules and regulations. You will also lead in the research of new and/or improved test development methodologies by performing experimental testing procedures; validating effectiveness/feasibility for implementation; cost of procedures; preparing and submitting recommendations for change to laboratory management and other stakeholders (such as Chiefs of Pathologists). You will also participate in department, inter-department, inter-facility, and inter-regional level projects which help the regional laboratory achieve its
 goal of providing quality service and client support in a cost effective manner. In addition, you will serve as a primary liaison to RILIS/ITS for ongoing and new issues.

Qualifications include:
• At least five years of experience in a high-volume histology laboratory
• Previous supervisory/managerial experience (usually three years)
• A bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or a related field; a master’s degree in science is preferred
• Additional courses in business administration and/or management preferred
• Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathologists
• IHC laboratory operations experience preferred
• IHC method optimization/validation experience and IHC instrumentation experience preferred
• The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment

We offer a highly competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to Charlene.Schaeffer <@t> kp.org or visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 133637. Principals only. EOE/AA Employer.

If you would like to hear the Kaiser Permanente story as told by our employees, watch the videos at kp.org/jobs/video. Follow us on twitter.com/KPCareers or visit the KP Careers tab on facebook.com/KPThrive.

This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.

jobs.kp.org

KAISER PERMANENTE

Contact: Charlene.Schaeffer <@t> kp.org