[Histonet] RE: Monoclonal antibodies from different companies

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Tue May 22 10:22:52 CDT 2012

In my experience, identical clones from different companies are not always equivalent.

Tresa

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Teri Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:08 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Monoclonal antibodies from different companies

Dear Histonetters,

If you can get a monoclonal antibody from different sources, the same clone, the same Ig concentration, is it the same? In other words, we are using clone #XX#X from Company A. Someone else has had success using clone #XX#X from Company B.

Is there any benefit to buying the antibody from Company B to try, or would it be a duplication of effort and cost?

Thanks for your input!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
GNF Histology Lab Manager
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
858-332-4752