[Histonet] IHC Validation

Dessoye, Michael J mjdessoye <@t> commonwealthhealth.net
Fri May 4 07:50:51 CDT 2012

Hello all,

A year or so ago, we upgraded from a Benchmark XT to Benchmark Ultra.
For validation, we selected a variety of cases as usual and ran them on
both instruments before we retired the XT.  Now, when we add a brand new
antibody, we again select a variety of cases, and once we're happy with
them on the Ultra we send the same cases to a reference lab for
comparison.

I'm now faced with changing clones for several antibodies.  I expected
to go through pretty much the same validation procedure, but it got me
thinking...the reference lab does not always use the same clone as some
of ours.  I suppose this really wouldn't be a 'true' validation in this
case.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  The pathologists are perfectly
happy with the staining of the new clone, but the only reference lab I
can use uses a different clone.  Any thoughts on how to perform a good
validation in this case?

Michael J. Dessoye, M.S. | Histology Supervisor | Wilkes-Barre General
Hospital | An Affiliate of Commonwealth Health |
mjdessoye <@t> commonwealthhealth.net | 575 N. River Street | Wilkes Barre,
PA 18764 | Tel: 570-552-1432 | Fax: 570-552-1526

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Commonwealth Health.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by Websense Email Security software in conjunction with
virus detection software.