[Histonet] Productivity ReportsMarcia Funk

Heckford, Karen - SMMC-SF Karen.Heckford <@t> DignityHealth.org
Tue May 1 11:20:05 CDT 2012

I have been battling this for years they gives us RVU's for each task.  What a headache.  The problem I run into is they only see per specimen.  If I have a specimen that has 30 cassettes it does not matter it is treated the  same as one cassette per specimen.  Not to mention the doctors will hold cases for the next day or two and then one day I get slammed with a 120 cassettes and only have maybe 30-40 specimens from the regular surgical from the day before.    You have to make them realize that this it is just not as cut and dry as it looks.  I do not like when they just look at the numbers and graphs and not the real workload.  I am the Chief Cook and bottle washer here and they still get on me about productivity.

I agree with Tim on the labs doing things differently and different specimens so it is hard to compare.

I feel your pain.

Karen Heckford HT ASCP CE
Lead Histology Technician
St. Mary's Medical Center
450 Stanyan St.
San Francisco, Ca. 94117
415-668-1000 ext. 6167
karen.heckford <@t> dignityhealth.org
                                                                                  Caution:  This email message, including all content and attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL and may be of a nature that is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have received this document in error.  Any further review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us  immediately by reply email.  Thank you."