[Histonet] "placenta encapsulation"

White, Lisa M. Lisa.White3 <@t> va.gov
Thu Mar 29 06:56:09 CDT 2012

A few years ago I did see a program from England.  The mom took the
placenta home in Tupperware put it in the freezer and had a dinner party
to which she cooked up the placenta into some sort of spread to be eaten
with crackers and they all ate it in "celebration" of the birth of the
baby.  At the time I grossed several placentas a day and normally like
all pathology persons nothing makes me sick, will have to say wanted to
become violently ill L.  I should be safe on this one, working at a VA
hospital no maternity ward!

Lisa White, HT(ASCP)

Supervisory HT

James H. Quillen VAMC