[Histonet] Thermo Scientific "Aquamount" procedure?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 09:18:04 CDT 2012

Use it as a regular mountant and coverslip.
René J.

--- On Wed, 3/21/12, Caitlin Hesketh <caithesketh <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

From: Caitlin Hesketh <caithesketh <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Thermo Scientific "Aquamount" procedure?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 9:08 AM

I have a bottle of Thermo Scientific Aquamount and a path who is insisting
that I start doing AEC chromogen on our immuno slides. We're still hand
staining immunos, although we have a Benchmark Ultra now, the doctors are
dragging their feet on reading the validation slides.

Anyway, how exactly do I use the Aquamount? I seem to have lost the info
sheet that came with it and can't find anything online. I used some aqueous
mounting media ages ago and that involved just putting drops right on the
slide and letting it harden. Or do I use it just like regular mountant,
with a coverslip?

Thanks so much for any help -

Caitlin