[Histonet] HT ASCP exam questions

Bharti Parihar bhartologist <@t> gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:56:13 CDT 2012

So, I just recently visited the ASCP website to look into the details of
exam preparation and in that process, I discovered a time chart of when to
apply for the exam depending on the date of completion for my program. It
then says when you are prospectively eligible to sit for the exam after
completing the application process. How accurate is this chart? How long
after completing your program, for those of you that went through a
program, were you able to sit for your exam? Also, Once you pass the exam
are you certified and can you technically be hired on as a certified
histotech somewhere or do you have to wait the 4 to 6 weeks for the
certificate to arrive in the mail before you can work somewhere as a
certified tech?