[Histonet] ventana uv alkaline phosphatase red

Burton, Lynn Lynn.Burton <@t> Illinois.gov
Wed Mar 14 08:14:33 CDT 2012

The ultra view platform changed its clearing process in November. After staining slides are to be run through two changes of soapy water and then distilled water. After that is done they go on a slide dryer/warmer for at least 15 minutes before going into xylene and then coverslipped. Our sales rep made me aware of the change when it happened. I opened a new kit yesterday and what I just wrote is what the package insert said to do.

Lynn Burton
Lab Assoc I
Animal Disease Lab
Galesburg, Il
309-344-2451
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of anita dudley [azdudley <@t> hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] ventana uv alkaline phosphatase red

for those of you that use the ultraview alk phos red on their machines,  do you run the slides through
alcohols?   we are having a lot of trouble with the staining,  sometimes it is good others no staining
at all on our mart 1s  or pin4 prostate bxs.
I was told that we should not put them in alc.  air dry after water or oven dry?  just wondering is
that how others are handleing their slides stained with the red kit?  we have been running them down
through the alc. with the dab ones.

thanks so much
anita dudley
providence hosp