[Histonet] ventana uv alkaline phosphatase red

Kuhnla, Melissa Melissa.Kuhnla <@t> chsli.org
Wed Mar 14 04:18:10 CDT 2012

Hi,
When Ventana reformulated their RED detection kit a while back, they
adviced to remove alcohol from the Coverslipping process. As per their
instructions, we do the following:

Remove slides from staining platform
Rinse with Dawn and warm water
Dry slides in 60 degree oven for 15 minutes
A few quick dips in fresh Xylene
Coverslip

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of anita
dudley
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] ventana uv alkaline phosphatase red

for those of you that use the ultraview alk phos red on their machines,
do you run the slides through
alcohols?   we are having a lot of trouble with the staining,  sometimes
it is good others no staining
at all on our mart 1s  or pin4 prostate bxs.
I was told that we should not put them in alc.  air dry after water or
oven dry?  just wondering is
that how others are handleing their slides stained with the red kit?  we
have been running them down
through the alc. with the dab ones.

thanks so much
anita dudley