[Histonet] End-point of decalcification vs. Ion exchange resins

André K akoug <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:24:48 CDT 2012

Hi,

I've read at a couple of places that you can't use the chemical test to determine the end-point of decalcification if you used an ion-exchange resin for the decalcification. I understand that calcium ions are captured by the resin, therefore they can't be precipitated by the ammonium oxalate. My question is : Since you need to refresh the decalcifying solution prior to the test, would it be possible to perform the test by switching to a resin-free solution just before performing the test?

Thanks for your answer
Andre