[Histonet] IHC Processor Validation & MUM1

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 10:25:50 CDT 2012

CAP has some guidelines as to the number of specimens and antibodies to test. I think to remember that the lowest amount was 25 specimens, but I do not remember about the antibodies but it makes sense to use only those your use to work with.
René J.

--- On Tue, 3/13/12, Bliven, Laura <bliven.laura <@t> marshfieldclinic.org> wrote:

From: Bliven, Laura <bliven.laura <@t> marshfieldclinic.org>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC Processor Validation & MUM1
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 9:29 AM

1. Any feedback on the process for validating a new tissue processor? Finding 80 to 100 breast specimens that are large enough to divide up and retest Estrogen and Progesterone would take a long time to complete. Also, how many antibodies and specimens should be tested? As we all know, some tumors are very rare and it's only after they are processed that we really know their diagnosis. We will be keeping some current processors, just adding a new one.

2. Also, any feedback on clones for MUM1? The antibody we are currently validating is staining some follicular lymphomas which should generally be negative. I do not feel the antigen retrieval is too harsh and believe it may be the clone.

Thanks,
Laura

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----