[Histonet] DAKO Autostainer Issues

Friedrich_Hahn <@t> bd.com Friedrich_Hahn <@t> bd.com
Mon Mar 12 13:31:44 CDT 2012

   We  have been having issues with our Autostainer since bringing it out
   of  storage.  All  parts  are  in  excellent  shape,  according to the
   technician  that  performed the PM.  It worked fine for a month of so,
   but  then  began  malfunctioning after only a couple of staining runs.
   At some point in the staining process, the machine appears to lose its
   XY  homing  and jams itself against the front right corner, dispensing
   buffer  onto the floor of the chamber and occasionally making grinding
   noises.   We've  had  a  technician  take  a  look  at it, 'clean' the
   software,  and  we thought we had it resolved, but the problem appears
   to be back.
   Has  anyone  experienced  this  issue?  If  so,  was  it  hardware- or
   software- based?
   Thanks in advance!

   IMPORTANT  MESSAGE  FOR  RECIPIENTS  IN  THE  U.S.A.: This message may
   constitute  an advertisement of a BD group's products or services or a
   solicitation  of  interest  in them. If this is such a message and you
   would   like   to  opt  out  of  receiving  future  advertisements  or
   solicitations  from  this  BD  group,  please  forward  this e-mail to
   optoutbygroup <@t> bd.com.
   This message (which includes any attachments) is intended only for the
   designated  recipient(s).  It  may contain confidential or proprietary
   information  and  may  be  subject to the attorney-client privilege or
   other  confidentiality  protections.  If  you  are  not  a  designated
   recipient,  you  may not review, use, copy or distribute this message.
   If  you  received  this  in  error,  please notify the sender by reply
   e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.