[Histonet] mesocolon lymphnode treatment with aceton

Cynthia Robinson robinsoc <@t> mercyhealth.com
Thu Mar 8 07:55:06 CST 2012

I would also be interested if anyone is using this method and their results. I have printed off the article and shared the information with our supervising pathologist. I have found dermal needle rollers on line but wonder if the maximum 2 mm length will do the job of perforating the fat. Also would like more information on the compression device used.

Thanks......Cindi

Cindi Robinson HT(ASCP)
Mercy Medical Center
Dunes Medical Laboratories
350 W Anchor Dr
Dakota Dunes SD 57049
phone-712-279-2768
robinsoc <@t> mercyhealth.com

>>> "Gudrun Lang" <gu.lang <@t> gmx.at> 3/7/2012 11:24 AM >>>
Dear all!

Does anyone out there use this method for mesocolon clearing with aceton? I
heard only a few facts about it and would like to hear about personal
experience.

The mesocolon is first fixed in NBF, then put in pure aceton, then treated
with a teasing roller and put in a "pipe" with holes. The tissue is
compressed to squeeze out the fat to form a kind of sausage.

The sausage is sliced up, the slices are put into cassettes and processed.

I don't know the exact details. If you have the access to this article, you
can read more (I don't have).

http://journals.lww.com/ajsp/Abstract/2012/02000/Optimal_Lymph_Node_Harvest_
in_Rectal_Cancer__UICC.5.aspx

or this: