[Histonet] RE: xylene substitute for processing

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Wed Mar 7 10:14:43 CST 2012

One thing to take into consideration that many of the xylene substitutes
take longer to clear than xylene.  You may have to adjust your processing
schedule.  We use a xylene substitute with success.

"Marcum, Pamela A" <PAMarcum <@t> uams.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
03/07/2012 07:58 AM

"'Masood, Sameena Kathryn'" <sameena.k.masood <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu>, "Cross,
Kelly" <KCross <@t> cvm.tamu.edu>, "Histonet Listserv (E-mail)
(histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
cc

Subject
[Histonet] RE: xylene substitute for processing

Some people have issues with the smell and the other option is Anatech
ProPar or Richard Allan Thermo non-aliphatic hydrocarbon subs which have
very low odor and are also about the same price.  We can't use the orange
smell in our lab as some people have allergies and others just don't like
it.  Both work types work very well and it is a lab choice for the
options, not a quality choice.  Be aware most processor companies still
require xylene in the clean cycle to keep your system healthy.

Pam Marcum