[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 100, Issue 6

Madeleine Huey madeleinehuey <@t> gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:22:33 CST 2012

Maggie,

What type of slide you have the H&E staining?  Charged or uncharged?
Tissue section will most likely fall off after the antigen retrieval.

Try this;
1)  Remove cover slip from H&E slide
2)  Hydrate your tissue slide
3)  Bake H&E slide overnight in the oven @ 60c - 65c (over the weekend
will be better; Not recommend for ER/PR, & HER2)
4) Load to Leica Bond with ER2 for 20 min & (or your usual protocol)

This should work because I have done it many times in different labs
(you might lost some tissues, but most of them should stay on the
slide (manufacture dependant).

Good Luck!
Madeleine Huey BS, HTL (ASCP) QIHC
Supervisor - Pathology (IPOX & Histology)
madeleine_h <@t> elcaminohospital.org