[Histonet] Destain/Restain

Britton, Josette C JCBRITTON <@t> Cheshire-Med.COM
Tue Mar 6 12:19:06 CST 2012

We don't destain them!  We remove the coverslip and bring them down to
water again with the controls you will be running.  We then run them on
the Bond with out the Bake and De-wax step.  The stain gets removed
mostly when you bring them to water again.  Our Pathologists have not
complained when we do this!

Good Luck,

Josie Britton HT

Cheshire Medical Center

Keene, NH

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Virginia
Chladek
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 3:39 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Destain/Restain

I need your help-

My doc needs me to destain an h&e slide to run a ck5 on the Bond3, how

can I do this without the tissue falling off? I ran the slide back down

from xylene to water and destained, then introduced the slide to bond

wash before starting the protocol in bond wash again and lost the

tissue. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Maggie