[Histonet] Control Block Tracking

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Tue Mar 6 08:42:54 CST 2012

During a recent inspection of my department, the inspector "encouraged"
me to develop a method of tracking which control tissue I used for a
case (i.e., individually identifying the block and referencing that
identifier on the slide).  To be honest, I believe this to be overload,
but since I'm probably going to have to abide by that "encouragement",
I'd like to know if/how you identify which control block is used for a
special stain.  I can think of a simple method but wonder if any of you
have used a really spectacular method that just blew the inspecting
agency away.  I'd promptly plagiarize it!  Gracias!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

1101 Camino de Salud NE