[Histonet] immunofluorescence mounting medium?

Wen,Yujie yujie.wen <@t> louisville.edu
Mon Mar 5 11:40:26 CST 2012

http://www.vectorlabs.com/catalog.aspx?catID=279

VECTASHIELD Mounting Media for Fluorescence

This one works for me and was recommended by Leica technical support for oil immersion image.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Collette, Nicole M.
Sent: Mon, Mar 5, 2012 12:35 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
CC:
Subject: [Histonet] immunofluorescence mounting medium?

Hello, Esteemed Histonetters,

I am trying to get nice publication-quality images of my immunofluorescent tissue sections. I am currently using Prolong Gold, and after I let the stuff cure for several days, my 100X oil-immersion images are still smeary, even after taking into account the unevenness of the tissue section. I don't seem to have this problem with colorimetric stains (histological stains, LacZ, etc.), so I am thinking the mounting medium is part of the problem? It seems to me that it never fully cures at the middle of the coverslip… Does anyone have a recommendation for a mounting medium that works better for this purpose? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and Happy Monday!

Sincerely,
Nicole Collette
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory