[Histonet] replacing tween in the secondary hyb.solution

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 09:46:03 CST 2012

Not a good idea. The effect of Twenn is to facilitate the dispersion over the section of the reagent. If you do not use it the reagents may not reach all the surface and you may end with an uneven reaction or your results could be inconsistent. A small savings by not using Tween may mean that you could have to repeat the test and spend much more expensive reagents. Again, not a good idea.
René J.

--- On Mon, 3/5/12, Geert van Haalem <g.vanhaalem <@t> prosensa.nl> wrote:

From: Geert van Haalem <g.vanhaalem <@t> prosensa.nl>
Subject: [Histonet] replacing tween in the secondary hyb.solution
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Monday, March 5, 2012, 10:25 AM

Hi,

I currently did an experiment in which I left out Tween in de hybridisation solution of
the secondary antibodies. I only made a solution of two Alexa in PBS. When imaging
Bye eye I did not notice any decrease in signal compared to a hyb.solution with Tween.
My intention is to replace tween with FBS, but can anybody tell me pro and cons for
this idea.

With regards,

Geert