[Histonet] new antibody validation

Patrick Laurie foreightl <@t> gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:14:57 CST 2012

Based off the statement:

*The scope of the validation is at the discretion of the laboratory
director and will vary with the antibody*

It seems that it gives the laboratory director the ability to give specific
qualifications for each antibody.  If a laboratory director says 2 positive
cases and 1 negative case is appropriate for validation (I can't believe
that there would be one), CAP wouldn't cite them if they had a specific
written and signed procedure for this.
We try to follow the recommendations by Goldstein et. al. 2007,
"Recommendations for improved standardization of immunohistochemistry" from
applied immunohistochemistry and molecular morphology.  Paraphrasing from
recommendation #9: 10 samples high levels of target antigen, 10 samples of
intermediate to low target antigen and 5 samples of no IHC evidence of
target antigen.

--
Patrick Laurie HT(ASCP)QIHC
CellNetix Pathology & Laboratories