[Histonet] Re: Tolivia, Navarro and Tolivia

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Jun 25 09:21:05 CDT 2012

I have sympathy for your dilemma!
While I have no experience with the procedure in question there have
been many, many publications since the 1960's trying to address this issue.
Personally, I have never seen one I though was much good/worth the
effort so I have just stayed with toluidine blue in borax.
You might look at this paper by Charlotte Pool:
/Pool, C.R. Hematoxylin-eosin staining of OsO4-fixed epon embedded
tissue; prestaining oxidation by acidified H2O2. Stain Technol.
44:75-79, 1969./

Geoff

--
--