[Histonet] staffing questions

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 10:33:57 CDT 2012

Staff level (your question 1) depends on the answer to your question 2 and also depends on the productivity level, both individual and collective.
The salaries depend on the nature of your lab (non for profit, private for profit or governmental) and with the total benefits offered. But also depend on the market availability and the willingness to negotiate both from the administration and the potential or existing employees.
So you ca understand both issues I am sending you some information under separate cover.
René J.

________________________________
From: "Hutton, Allison" <AHutton <@t> dh.org>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:09 AM
Subject: [Histonet] staffing questions

I have been asked to do some research and provide some facts and figures as it relates to staffing of histology labs.  If anybody is willing to answer the questions listed below, I would appreciate your input.  You may email me at privately and all information will be kept confidental.
1. Staffing levels, i.e. # of pathologists, techs, PAs, and Lab aides
2. Approximate workload, either blocks per day or cases per year
3. Salary for HTs and supervisors (I know this can be a sticky area but any info would be helpful)
Thank You in advance
Allison Hutton, HTL(ASCP)cm
Lead Tech Histology
Doylestown Hospital