[Histonet] Sections washing off slides

Stoll, Kathryn kstoll <@t> mcw.edu
Fri Jul 27 14:47:40 CDT 2012

I have some old H&E slides that I would like to try IHC staining on.  I am having trouble keeping the tissue on the slide.
I put a slide in xylene to remove the cover slip and eventually the section floated off the slide when I tried to rehydrate.
The second time I tried Mount-Quick from Newcomer Supply and was able to put the section on a charged slide.  The section stayed on the slide but was loose after hydration.   It was just hanging on after retrieval and did not stain well.
I have a limited number of slides.  If anyone has experience in this area and knows the best way to keep tissue on a slide I would really appreciate your advice.  Thanks in advance.

Kathryn Stoll, HT(ASCP)
Department of Pathology
Medical College of Wisconsin
9200 W Wisconsin Ave