[Histonet] Counter stain for PAS for fungus (Steve McClain)

Rena Fail renafail2 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:54:55 CDT 2012

earlier I  recommended using light green yellowish  as a counterstain for
Pas for fungus. Some Pathlogists  prefer the green counterstain when
staining with PAS for fungus. Using a 5% chromic acid solution as the
 oxidizer and controlling the time and temperature" will eliminate reactive
aldehydes in all but the structures that have the greatest concentration of
carbohydrate " Using chromic acid makes it much easier to detect fungus
 Histologic Dec.2005 XXXVIII(2):35
Rena Fail

the first pathologist I worked for had AB-Pas stains done every day and you
are right they are wickedly good.