[Histonet] RE: Non-Histo. question

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Tue Jul 24 13:41:27 CDT 2012

This tells you how to temporarily unsubscribe:

 Welcome to HISTONET, the World's largest electronic mail list for the Histology profession, which has been in continuous operation since January 1996.  Histonet currently has more than 3200 members from throughout the world.

The Histonet listserver is managed as a service to the field of Histology by Dr. Linda Margraf and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.

Once you are on the list you will begin to receive email messages from the list members.  If you wish to send a message to the list members, please send your email message to histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu The server will only circulate messages sent from current list members. If your email address changes, even slightly, from the address on the membership list, you will need to update your address before you can send a message to the list.

WHAT ARE THE RULES ABOUT CONTENT? You may post any questions you wish pertaining to histology, pathology, in-situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry etc. Equipment and reagent evaluations, laboratory management issues, government regulations, and job opportunities are all appropriate topics. The University asks that we restrict the use of its hardware and software to business purposes only (occasional jokes do slip through but PLEASE use restraint).
Vendors and those with commercial interests in histology products are welcome contributors however,we ask that blatant advertisements be avoided at all times. It is fine to refer to product that your company produces if it is pertinent to a topic being discussed on the list.
Unsolicited advertisements are poorly tolerated by the members and you will likely receive a number of negative comments if you overstep the boundaries. Please contact Linda Margraf at linda.margraf <@t> childrens.com if you are not sure about the appropriateness of a message you wish to post.

BASIC HISTONET &quot;NETIQUETTE&quot; It is most helpful to the list members if you post your responses to queries to everyone on the list and not just as a personal reply to the person asking the question.
That way duplicate messages are minimized and we all learn from each other's comments.

Likewise, if you post a question and get a number of responses back directly to you, it is helpful to everyone if you could send out a summary of the replies you got to Histonet.

Please avoid abbreviations unless they are explained in your message.
For example: immunohistochemistry (IHC). This list circulates to a wide variety of individuals and what seems obvious to you may have no meaning on the other side of the world.

Please sign your letter and include your institution or affiliation and location. Not all email systems have headers which identify the sender.

Do use the subject line to indicate the topic of your message.

DON'T USE ONLY CAPITAL LETTERS -it is considered shouting.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please do not send images or any other attachments with your message. The server will block all attachments to protect the list against viruses.  Images can be posted at the
Histonet web site (www.histonet.org)   Please see the web site for
instructions. Histosearch archives the messages from the Histonet listserver and provides a search engine to search the messages by keyword(s). There are currently over 30,000 messages in the archives beginning in October, 1998. These archives are managed by Marvin Hanna.  The archives are available at www.histosearch.com/histonet.html.

  histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page at:

  http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/options/histonet/jqb7%40cdc.gov

  Histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.

You must know your password to change your options (including changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your lists.utsouthwestern.edu mailing list passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions on how to unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is also a button on your options page that will email your current password to you.