[Histonet] Conferences?

Lee & Peggy Wenk lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 16 10:26:50 CDT 2012

Most of the state symposiums are in the spring, since the NSH symposium is
in the fall. I just checked the NSH meetings calendar, and I don't see any
state meetings for the next several months.

Any chance you can go to the NSH Symposium in Vancouver, Canada (which is
Region IX). Sept. 29-Oct. 3? Don't know where in the 8th month PG you are.
http://www.histoconvention.org/

How about a series of NSH Teleconferences? If you can't listen to it the day
it's given, that's OK. Every lab that pays for a teleconference gets a CD
about 4-6 weeks later, with the PowerPoint and speaker's voice, and can
listen to it up to 2 years later and still get CE. Plus, everyone else in
your lab can listen and get CE. Not as much fun as going away to a meeting,
but if you have money - and being pregnant limits your ability to attend a
meeting - this might be the way to go. They are $125 each.
http://www.nsh.org/content/nsh-teleconference-series

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
(Disclosure - I'm the NSH Teleconference Coordinator, but I don't get paid
for this volunteer position.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarah Dysart
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 11:13 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Conferences?

Does anyone know of any conferences or conventions going on in the histology
world in the next 8 weeks??  I am 8 months pregnant and was just told that I
need to go to a conference this year...unfortunately I cannot fly.
The conference would have to be somewhere drive-able from Austin, Texas
(preferably no more than 10 hours or so...we Texas people are used to long
drives to get places...).  That would open up LA, OK, TX, MO, etc.
Thanks!

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP), QIHC (ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100