[Histonet] A neuronal membrane marker?

Pirici Daniel argonautro <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 09:50:10 CDT 2012

Hi to all Histoneters,
I am searching for some while now for a good antibody against a specific neuronal membrane target. Also, it should “see” the neurites’ membranes, not only the perykarions'..
I know tubulin III and NF are very good, but for cytoskeleton.
Anti-acetylcholine receptors and anti-Na+/K+ ATPase antibodies might work but are too selective (acetylcholine R will not show all neuronal populations) or not specific enough (I have found some papers stating that Na+/K+ ATPase stains glial membranes too).

So, please may I have a word of advice?
Many many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Daniel

Pirici Nicolae Daniel, MD, PhD
Department of Histology
University of Medicine and Pharmacy Craiova
Petru Rares Street 2, 200349
Craiova, Dolj
Romania