[Histonet] 88342 billing

Amy Farnan Farnana <@t> nehealth.com
Thu Jul 5 06:42:56 CDT 2012

Hi Victor,

I am coming in late on this conversation regarding billing of 88342.  You can only bill a single specimen once for an antibody. If you were performing multiple antibodies then you can charge 88342 x the number of antibodies.  If you charge more it can be considered fraud so be careful. A great publication for these types of questions is called Coding Alert.  It talks about all these types of issues and new cpt's etc.   One other suggestion that I noted in a response is if its a self bill or I should say a client bill is to bill them the number of times you stained it  as long as its not insurance. This is also fraud. You can not change your billing depending on if a patient's insurance is being billed or not.

Amy

Disclaimer: The information in this message is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, or distribute this message, and please immediately contact the sender.