[Histonet] Precipitate

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Thu Jan 26 23:35:29 CST 2012

Could they use DI water to test that theory?

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Matt Mincer
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 20:57
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Precipitate

Hey Histonet,

We have a client who is having an odd problem with their processor. They are getting "sandy" clogs in station 3. The original thought was that it was formalin salts but the texture and color was wrong. Also, station 3 is 70% which should be weak enough. One of the techs mentioned in passing that the water quality in their town was really bad. I think that the problem is that, like formalin, the alcohol is causing dissolved minerals to be released from the tap water they use to mix their 70%. Has anyone seen this before or am I chasing a harebrained theory? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

--
Matthew Mincer
Tech One Biomedical Services

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.